5.20.2010

It's a Jungle Out There!

It's been a month since my last post and you wouldn't believe the explosion of veggies and fruits in my garden since then!! Especially my butternut squash plant... It's TAKING OVER!

To illustrate just how far along my garden has come in a few months, check out these before and after pictures....


First I'm going to show you the one that takes the cake! It started with these little seedlings that I found growing in my compost container and I thought, "hmmm, maybe I'll plant these and see what I get." Well what I got was a whole lot of vine growing all over the lawn! If they weren't sprouting so much squash I would've aborted the mission a while ago. At least I can I say I've had the experience of growing butternut squash. :)

BUTTERNUT SQUASH
"I'm just an innocent little seedling"....
"Look how pretty my leaves are"....
"I'm only growing so much cause you're taking such good care of me"....
"So I'm spilling over into the grass, you've still got plenty of grassy area left"....
"Look flowers! And flowers mean squaaaash!"....
"It's official, I've taken over! But I've got plenty of squash to go around though"...



Now that you've seen the most dramatic development, here are the rest of my babies all grown up .....

TOMATOES



CUCUMBERS



CANTALOUPES





Yaaaaay! It's so incredibly rewarding to see the fruits of my labor (literally) after devoting so much time to something I enjoy. :)

New recipe coming SOON!!!

2 comments: