5.18.2009

OH, but I did...

SPAM (Lite) ... it's what's for dinner. And yes, by choice. Hey, I never claimed to be above canned meats and processed cheese. It's one of the guilty pleasures I like to indulge in once in a while... I just decided to share it with everyone. :) Do I get a little credit for the Lite SPAM at least? No? Okay, fine.  But I'll have you know that SPAM is a delicacy in Hawaii. HISTORY LESSON ALERT: I was watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and he explained how SPAM's popularity grew during WWII when there was no fresh meat to be found anywhere so the islanders resorted to the salty canned meat being supplied for the troops stationed on the islands. Now, it's a staple of Hawaiian cuisine. So I guess what I'm saying is that if it's good enough for the people of Hawaii, it's damn well good enough for me! 
What a load of crock, I know. hehe :) Truth is I was in the mood for some comfort food tonight. No history lesson needed. But how much cooler do you feel now knowing about Hawaii's history with SPAM??

You're welcome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment