If you like olives and capers, you're definitely going to like this one. The recipe is simple, quick, and doesn't require many ingredients. It's also a nice change from your regular spaghetti and tomato sauce.
Spaghetti with Olives and Capers
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I heart garlic, so I used 5 cloves)
1 small dried red chili, crumbled
12 oz tomatoes, fresh or canned, chopped (I like to use grape tomatoes)
2/3 cups pitted black olives
3 tbsp capers, rinsed
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 lb spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, and add salt. Add the spaghetti and cook until pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and dried chili, and cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is just golden.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and tomato paste. Stir well and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes letting all the flavors seep into the sauce.
- Pour the spaghetti into the sauce and cook for 1-2 more minutes, turning pasta constantly making sure pasta is well coated.
- Sprinkle some parsley on top and serve!
(Crispy garlic bread goes great on the side.)