... the more you eat, the more you increase your dietary fiber intake. What? ;) But seriously, this fresh summer recipe is packed full of fiber, protein, antioxidants, and vitamins A and C! Enjoy!
Three Bean Salad
- 1 15oz can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- 4 tbs white wine vinegar
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together the beans, red pepper, celery, and red onions.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Add the vinaigrette to the bean salad and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour to let all the flavors mingle.