10.18.2009

I'm Baaaack!

Ah, and what a great day to be back! We had our first cold front come through last night and this morning it is a chilly (by Miami standards) 60˚F out. I love it!!! It just gets me in such a great mood. We're finally getting a hint of the change of seasons. And if you can't tell by now, it's my favorite time of the year. I don't know, there's something about autumn and the change of weather that gives me a nostalgic feeling. It takes me back to when I was younger. I've always had good memories about this time of year. I remember getting excited about the carnival that would come to my church/school every year. It would usually be cold out so my sister and I would bundle up and meet up with our friends, ride the rides, eat all the yummy carni food, and of course try to spot my crush and hope that somehow I'd end up sitting next to him on the ferris wheel by the end of the night. Aaah the good ol' days. ;)

This time also represents change. Change has always been something I thrive on. It's the feeling of something different, maybe mysterious or unexpected on the horizon. It's exciting, new, and promising. I know I'm getting a little deep but it's true. When I sit here and really reflect on why I love this time of year so much, it's for all these reasons.

And on the more mundane, practical side, this time of year has a lot of my favorite things like Halloween!! Halloween is my favorite holiday. I know, for some that may sound a little strange and normally people say Christmas or Thanksgiving is their favorite but not for me. The supernatural has always fascinated me, whether there's truth to it or not. So for a whole month I get to watch scary movies and tv specials on hauntings and all sorts of ghostly things. And those of you who know me know I love a good scare! Plus how much fun is it to get dressed up in costume and be whoever (or whatever) you want for one night?

Some of my other favorites include my mom's homemade hot cocoa with marshmallows, fall foliage, hot spiced cider, warm soups, Thanksgiving dinner(!!), winter clothes and boots, getting holiday cards, and of course sharing special time with my fam and friends.

So you see, I'm have a ton of reasons to be excited about this time of year. and I hope you all can share the excitement too. :)

2 comments:

  1. yayyyy welcome back!!!!! where have you been??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to stay above water!! But it's good now, I think most of the worst is over and I'm excited to get back to my blogging. I have a bunch of recipes backed up! :)

    p.s. Love your blog missy!! Those muffins look freakin' delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete