11.09.2009

Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole

It's time for recipe #2 of my Thanksgiving Recipe Series!
This is a grown folks sweet potato casserole! And there's nothing more that I like than adding my favorite liquor to a Thanksgiving classic. ;)


Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 6 medium sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks with skin
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter or margarine (I used Smart Balance Light)
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup bourbon (Jim Beam!!)
  • 1/2- 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a large pot, cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water until they're tender. Drain and let them cool before you peel off the skin.































2. Place the peeled sweet potatoes in an oven-safe dish and mash them. Add and mix the mashed sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, orange juice, bourbon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.































3. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from heat and sprinkle the marshmallows all over the top. Broil just long enough to give the marshmallows a golden color.





























Voilá!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa this looks good. I am in charge of the sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving so I might use this recipe!! Fun! And you know I love me some Beam ;) Wyoming, what what?!

    ReplyDelete