I DO! Who doesn't enjoy a good loaf of meat? Yuuuummy. ;) But for those of you who are trying to find healthier options to your favorite foods, here's one I tried this weekend for Father's Day. I was a little skeptical because I'm a little funny when it comes to ground turkey, but it actually came out really, really good!
Turkey Meatloaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup skim or non-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp dried ground sage
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease an aluminum or glass loaf pan with PAM olive oil spray and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add the celery and garlic and continue to sauté until vegetables are very tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the ketchup, to the large bowl and mix thoroughly. Transfer mix to the pan and put it in the oven for 1 hour. Then take it out and spread ketchup on top and place it back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so. The temperature in the center of the loaf should be 165˚F.
4. Remove from the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes, and serve!